The recommended way to resolve this is:
- While viewing your cross-tab questions, perform the Save As action via the button bar.
- When the Save As window appears, change the "Save as type:" to HTML table.
- Enter the "File name:" value and make sure to append .xls to the end of the file name.
- Select the Save button to save the file.
- Using Windows File Explorer, navigate to the file and open it.
- When Excel displays a message stating that the file is in a different format than specified by the file extension, select Yes to proceed in opening the file.