- Copy the correct database file from the old computer to wrong location on the new computer
- Copy the wrong database file from the old computer to the correct location on the new computer.
The recommended solution is to double-check to make sure that you are copying the correct database file by doing the following on the old computer:
- Open your Windows Control Panel and select the Administrative Tools item.
- Select the Data Source (ODBC) item.
- In the User DSN tab locate the SurveyGoldDB entry and double-click it to open the ODBC configuration dialog.
- Select the Database tab and note the setting in the Database file field.
Repeat the same four steps on the new computer to determine where the SurveyGold database file DB is located on the new computer. Move the survey.db file to this location on your new computer.
Option B: Another Way To Locate the SurveyGold Database File If You Encounter an Error Message When Accessing ODBC Information
If you encounter an error when trying to access the ODBC information via the Control Panel, the following workaround (that uses the Registry Editor application) provides the location of the SurveyGold database file:
- Launch the regedit.exe application
- Via the folders on the left, navigate to the following folder location:
- From the list on the right, double-click on the following item:
- When the Edit String window appears, make note of the file name. Select Cancel and exit the Regedit application.
Repeat the same four steps on the new computer to determine where the SurveyGold database file is located on the new computer. Move the survey.db file to this location on your new computer.
This video screen capture shows the aforementioned steps in action.